How to root Samsung Galaxy Note 2 GT-N7100 and GT N-7105
If you recently bought a new Galaxy Note 2, if you are a first time rooter, a beginner in rooting phones, than Chainfire’s CF-Auto-Root method for Galaxy Note II is the best one for you.†CF-Root is the method for beginner, or at least that’s what Chainfire, the developer of this toolkit, says.†This rooting method will install SuperSU binary and APK and maintain stock recovery on your Galaxy Note 2.
You are going to use Odin to flash the CF-Auto-Root package. The steps you should go through are.
- First the device enters a modified recovery ( you can tell this by the red Android logo that will appear).
- SuperSU installation.
- Stock recovery restoration.
- Final reboot to your stock firmware.
!!!Before proceeding with the installation keep in mind a few things:
- If you root your device you lose any warranty. The warranty can be recovered by reinstalling the official STOCK Firmware. You will also lose root after that.
- Install all Galaxy Note 2 drivers for Windows.
- Uninstall Samsung Kies to make the rooting as safe as possible.
Also keep in mind that if you do this, you risk bricking your device, even though that’s less probable. Also keep in mind that this rooting method is only working with GT-N7100 and GT-N7105 Galaxy Note 2 versions. Check your version in Settings > About Device.
How to root Galaxy Note 2 N7100 and N7105:
1. Download and unzip the download Odin version. (Download link).
3.† Unplug the phone from the USB port of the computer.
4. Start Odin.
5. Click on PDA button. Select the .tar.md5 file containing the CF-auto-root toolkit.
6. Reboot into download mode ( With the phone turned off press Volume Down, Home and Power simultaneously and follow the on screen instructions)
7. Connect the Galaxy Note 2 to the USB port of the computer. Uncheck repartition in Odin.
8. Press Start. The Galaxy Note 2 should now reboot and you should have rooted it successfully.
Done! This should have rooted your Galaxy Note 2 easily and successfully. If you upgrade to the latest Note, here’s how to root Galaxy Note 3.