Update Samsung Galaxy S2 GT-I9100 to Android 4.1.2 XWLS8 Official Version
It’s True! Android 4.1.2 is finally available for Galaxy S2 International version I9100. The update was released earlier this day and it is as amazing as it was expected. Never in the history of Android was an update more wanted than this one. Galaxy S2 owners were simply losing it with Samsung and this update. The forums were all the time full with questions about when is the update coming out. Well, finally, all you Galaxy S2 owners can be really happy because the Android 4.1.2 update is out!
Let’s take a look at the major changes that Android 4.1.2 update brings in Galaxy S2:
- The former UI was completely replaced by the Nature UX Interface that was first launched with Galaxy S3
- Project Butter improved smooth performance and stability
- S Cloud from Samsung
- More Camera Features
- New lockscreen
- Direct Call, Pop-up-play and Smart Stay
- New widgets
- 2 Home screens
- Improved notification bar
- Google Now
The official firmware details are:
Android Version: 4.1.2 – Build JZO54K
The Android 4.1.2 update for Galaxy S2 will come to you in the form of OTA (Over the air) or you can also install it via Samsung Kies. However as you know, any official update can be installed using ODIN.
Before proceeding with this installation remember that it is on your own risk. We are not responsible for any damage that may occur during this installation.
How to install Android 4.1.2 update XWLS8 on Samsung Galaxy S2 I9100:
- First you need to download the update file from here
- Then you need to download Odin v3.07
- Extract the files from step 1
- Turn off the device and reboot in download mode (Press Volume Down + Home and then simultaneously press Power, Press power again to confirm entering Download Mode)
- Start Odin
- Connect the phone to the computer with the USB cable. Wait for Odin to recognize the device (Look for the yellow sign with ID:COM in the left-upper corner)
- Click on PDA and add the .tar.md5 file that contains ‘code’ in its name(Or sometimes is just .tar)
- Click on Phone and add the file with ‘modem’ in its name
- Click on CSC and add the file containing ‘csc’ in its name
- Make sure Samsung Kies is not running in background!
- If everything is ready press START
- Wait until the installation finishes and reboot the device
This should install Android 4.1.2 XWLS8 on your I9100 Galaxy S2.