Install TWRP Recovery 220.127.116.11 On Galaxy Note 2 N7100
TWRP Recovery is a custom recovery developed by Team Win with fine attention to the ease of use. It is basically an alternative for CWM Recovery, another custom recovery. They are specially designed for Android devices but their main usage is when you want to flash a custom ROM on your device. There isn’t a different use between the two custom recoveries, sometimes they are both suitable for what you want to do and you just have to choose what custom recovery to use.
Galaxy Note 2 N7100 is a new device, as you all know. It was just released, and developers are intensely involved in coming up with new custom firmwares and applications. Now, Team Win has come up with TWRB 18.104.22.168 that works really fine with the Note 2 N7100.
Here are some key features that TWRB presents:
- Touchscreen driven UI. This means that you don’t need to use the volume buttons and power buttons anymore.
- SDcard saved settings. They remain intact after rebooting
- Choose between partitions to backup and restore
- Onscreen keyboard
- You can choose to compress backups
Before proceeding with the installation make sure you have a Galaxy Note 2 N7100 device because it may note work on other devices. Also make sure you follow the instructions carefully because if something happens to your device we cannot be held responsible for it.
Enable USB Debugging by going to Settings-Developer options-debugging and checking USB Debugging.
How to install TWRP Recovery 22.214.171.124. on Galaxy Note 2 N7100:
1. First you have to install Odin on your computer. Download Odin from here. Extract the contents from the archive.
Download the TWRP Recovery files from here.
2. Disconnect your phone from the computer. Reboot in download mode ( Press Volume Down, Home and Power simultaneously and then press Vol Up to enter Download Mode).
3. Launch Odin by pressing on the .exe file extracted from the archive. Plug in the Galaxy Note 2 device and wait for Odin to post the message “Added!!”.
4. Click on PDA. Find the file named openrecovery-twrp-126.96.36.199-n7100.img.tar.md5. Select START in Odin. This should start the installation.
5. At the end your device should reboot and you should have TWRB Recovery 188.8.131.52 installed on your Galaxy Note 2 N7100 device.
If during the installation the phone gets stuck, unplug everything, remove the phones battery for 5 seconds and start the procedure from step 2.
TWRP Recovery is also available for Galaxy Nexus (Sprint, Verizon and GSM), Galaxy Note 10.1, Galaxy Note 2 (Sprint, T-Mobile), Galaxy Note SGH-I717 and you can download them from the TWRP official page after introducing your devices name.