How to use Mobile Hotspot on Samsung Galaxy Note II
Portable Wi-Fi Hotspot
The portable Wi-Fi hotspot application offers a great chance for those how want to share data with other devices. Using this feature, you can turn your phone into a wireless access point and you can connect with up to ten devices.
The bad part of this feature is that due to the changing of your phone into a mobile access point, your battery life will reduce considerably. The best thing you can do about this problem is to keep your phone plugged while you are using the feature.
How to use Hotspot
- Go to apps from your home screen and then to Mobile Hotspot.
- Turn the slider button from Off to On.
- Keep in mind that if you are connected to a Wi-Fi access point, you will be disconnected from that access point before you will use the feature. Tap OK to go on.
- When the feature is active, the portable Wi-Fi hotspot icon is displayed to the top of your screen.
How to configure the Hotspot
- Tap Configure to customize your settings or you can use the default Settings.
- When configuring the feature, enter or edit the Network SSID, select the Security feature, enter or edit the Password and mark Hide my device to make your network invisible. Touch Save to continue. The mobile hotspot will turn off and turn back on with the newly configured settings.
- Tap Add icon next to a connected device if you want to add the device to your list. Enter its name and tap OK.
- Tap the allowed devices list to manage the devices which you want to connect with. Tap Back to go to the screen shown before.
- Tap the hotspot name to configure the connection mode. Select Only allowed devices to limit connections to those devices defined in the Allowed devices list.
How to connect to Portable Wi-Fi spot
- First, you will need to activate Wi-Fi on the device you want to connect with.
- Then, you will have to search for your hotspot using the information shown to you on the portable Wi-Fi hotspot settings screen, and enter the necessary information.