How to Update Your Samsung Phone Using Kies
Samsung officially pushes updates for your Samsung device using their own software called Samsung Kies. It is very easy to update your phone using it, all you have to do is follow the steps below. How to update to the latest firmware using Samsung Kies.
- Download and install Samsung Kies from the Official webiste( http://www.samsung.com/us/kies/).
- Run Kies on your computer.
- Connect your Samsung device to the USB port of your PC.
- Before doing an update it is recommended to do a back up of your data. You can follow this guide ( How to make a back up with Samsung Kies).
- Wait for your device to appear on the upper left side of the window like in the example below:
- Click on the device name (in example is GT-I9000)
- A new window should appear on the right side of Kies
- Under the “Firmware information” tab you should see if there are any updates available. If there are, then you should see the message ‘New Firmware is available‘.
- If you want to proceed with the update, press on ‘Firmware upgrade‘ button
- A new window will appear. The process contains more phases: ’Download’ > ‘Upgrade’ > ‘Complete’.
- At the end of the process the device will reboot. You can disconnect the cable from the PC now.
- Click OK
- You can verify if you have the latest firmware by going to Settings > About phone on your Samsung device
Samsung Kies is a very useful tool provided by Samsung that allows you to sync data, back up and restore, update to the latest firmware, basically simplifies most of the important process involving your phone. Keep notice that updates on Samsung Kies don’t come out all at the same time. You have to wait for you country version to come out or your carrier version. If you want you can also install official firmwares using Odin. But that’s not the official way to do it, however if you follow the exact steps there shouldn’t be any problems.
This is how you update your Samsung device using Kies, if you have more questions please check out our category of How To’s and search for what you are looking.