How to Fix Microphone Issues on Samsung Galaxy Smartphones
Having a microphone problem on you Samsung Galaxy device means that you can hear the people speaking on the phone, but they cannot hear you speaking in the microphone. If you cannot hear them either, you should check the tutorial to fix Samsung Galaxy speakers.
Before troubleshooting the microphone issue, make sure that you have removed any enhancement from the device, such as the headset. If the mic problem is fixed after removing the headphones, it means they need a replacement.
How to fix the microphone not working on a Samsung Galaxy device:
- Your first action should be to remove the battery from the phone for 30 seconds and then place it back. Turn on your phone and see if the problem is fixed.
- If you still didn’t manage to make the mic work, go on to step 3.
- Use the recorder to make a short recording with audio also.
- Replay the record. If you can hear the sound clearly, it means that the microphone is working fine. If you cannot hear the sound well or at all you should go to the next step.
- Sometimes a factory reset can fix such an issue. So perform a factory data reset and see if the problem is fixed.
- If the problem persists, it means that the microphone is damaged and you have to take your device to a repair shop to get it fixed or replaced.