How to install CyanogenMod CM 10.1 M Series on Galaxy S2 GT-I9100g
The first stable version of CM 10.1 from CyanogenMod team is now available for Samsung Galaxy S2 GT-I9100g. This runs Android 4.2.1 and is ready for daily usage. There are really few bugs remaining and the ROM will be updated once a month.
The CyanogenMod Team was recently developing CM 10.1 nightly for Galaxy S2 GT-I9100g, and now it has launched their first stable version for Galaxy S2 GT-I9100g, CM 10.1 M-Series. Luckily, Galaxy S2 GT-I9100g is one of the devices that can get the stable build.
CM 10.1 M-series for Galaxy S2 GT-I9100g is based on Android 4.2 Jelly Bean. For the installation we will use cm-10.1-20130121-EXPERIMENTAL-i9100g-M1.zip which is a zip file and CWM Recovery.
- Galaxy S2 GT-I9100g
- CWM Recovery and root
- Full Nandroid backup
- USB drivers for Galaxy S2 GT-I9100g installed
Important!! Installing CM 10.1 M Series (cm-10.1-20130121-EXPERIMENTAL-i9100g-M1.zip) on Galaxy S2 GT-I9100g means you are installing a Custom ROM on your device. Here is a list with the risks involving the installation of custom ROMs on your Galaxy S2 GT-I9100g.
How to install CM 10.1 M Series on Galaxy S2 GT-I9100g:
- Connect Galaxy S2 GT-I9100g to the computer and move Cm-10.1-20130121-EXPERIMENTAL-i9100g-M1.zip on the Sd card (don’t extract)
- Disconnect and turn off the device
- Boot the Galaxy S2 GT-I9100g in Recovery Mode (Press )
- Select Wipe data/factory reset and then Format/system
- Select Install zip from sd card and choose Cm-10.1-20130121-EXPERIMENTAL-i9100g-M1.zip from the sd card, then press Install
- Wait for the installation on your Galaxy S2 GT-I9100g to finish and then repeat the process for Google Apps
- Select Wipe Cache partition and Wipe dalvik cache
Congratulations! Now you should have CM 10.1 M Series installed on your Galaxy S2 GT-I9100g.